Mindfulness and leadership development at work
Before developing any mindfulness and leadership development program we find out about the culture and practices of the organisation. Mindfulness should not be imposed as a stress management package for the team. To add value we need to understand the values and goals of the organisation and understand the degree to which they align individual values and goals. With this knowledge we are well placed to work with you to create a program that fits in with your culture and provides practical tools to enhance collaboration, creativity and help manage stress levels.
About our mindfulness at work programs
Typically our half, one day and longer programs contain some or all of the following elements:
- Understand what mindfulness means and how it can be best deployed at work
- Learn techniques to help handle stress and leave work at work
- Learn an empowering Breathe Australia mindfulness model which helps the team focus on the things at work which add value
- Learn techniques to help de clutter and add clarity at work
- Help foster clear communication with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Develop and understand boundaries and understand how to create a positive mindset in relation to areas of control and influence
For the leadership group in your organisation we also explore the Breathe Mindful leaders model :
Overcoming distraction at work – exploring the Breathe Australia mindfulness model
In a complex world, full of distraction, what should we focus upon at work?
- Looking for new markets, products and opportunities?
- Extracting value from existing products and services?
- The political and regulatory landscape around us?
- The emotional signals coming from our colleagues, customers and suppliers?
- Our own energy levels?
- Our impact on the world around us?
Of course the answer is all of these things. The great challenge is to shift attention seamlessly between each and to give each area sufficient attention. The neural circuitry required to perform each of these vital operations is different depending upon the task and occasionally it is conflicting. Mindfulness training helps us become more aware of the challenges we face in a complex world and provides powerful tools which bring help us remove clutter and develop calm focus.
The benefits of mindfulness at work
Mindfulness training programs lead to improvements in all of the following areas: creativity - sharing of information between colleagues - improved communication - lower absenteeism - reduced staff turnover - increased productivity
A regular mindfulness practice creates the basis for good physiological and psychological wellbeing for the individual and fosters engagement, productivity and communication in the workplace.
Mindfulness is a great way to sustain and develop mental fitness. Regular practitioners of Mindfulness enjoy improved levels of:tenacity - acceptance - openness to new ideas - interpersonal trust - emotional and cognitive regulation - greater focus - improved recall - reduced stress
What our clients say